Friday, July 3, 2009

The Way You Make Me Feel


Here's my excerpt:

Across town, Rob Paine was sleeping off an overnight shift at Excelsior Youth Center when his computer woke him up. “My Twitter client just started beeping like crazy,” he says, with people micro-blogging news of the singers death. “I started freaking out.”

Within an hour, he’d asked Baby Bar owner Patty Tully if he could host a memorial that night, quickly made event fliers and then Twittered the event to his friends. An hour after that, the news called. It was a local example of what was happening all over the world. Michael Jackson was dead and people had mobilized.

Read the whole article here.



1 comment:

TrilbyKat said...

Robbie, you are just too cool for words. And I also admit you have Rickrolled me twice, but not from here yet.